Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I schedule diferents times to SMTP basis on Users??? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lclechner

Technical User
Jan 17, 2002
BR
I want to configure diferent periods during the day to send mail outside my domain, based in users(or groups). Let me explain, in a developer team i want to configure the account of the programmer mananger to send email 24 hs a day, and the others members only during lunch time(12-14) or at end of the day(18-19). In Exchange I found a multiple schedule based in message Size. Anyone knows wheather is there a way to do the same based on login user(or group).
tks.

I think you can do it be creating an differnet SMTP connection for each group you want. When you get properties of the connector click on the Delivery Restrictions tab and set it to only accept messages from your users/group you want.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Acraib, it's sound OK, but I try to do this and does not work anyway. The first or the second conector respond at a time, based on cost of the address space in conectors properties. So or all messages stay scheduled or all of them are send.
Thank you for your help.

You can do this.

The connectors are created and then you make a change to the Registry to force the RestrictConnections to be used. Look to the Release Notes for the section that gives the registry tweak required.

You are running the latest Service Pack levels on the OS and Exchange also I hope.

Thank you grosenacker, I do it and works fine![thumbsup2]

The registry key that must be created is :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/Resvc/Parameters/CheckConnectorRestrictions a REG_DWORD key set to "1".

After do it the connector works as I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back