Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I save Crystal XI reports as v10? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

njwcad

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
GB
Can I save Crystal XI reports as v10?

I am about to buy Crystal Reports and would like to buy version XI but I will need to be able to write reports back to version 10, as this is the version that one of my clients use.
Should I get v10 or can I go straight for version XI and put off upgrading a little longer?

Thanks for all your support and help.

Pete.

Like almost all software, seldom is there backward combatibility. I think the last time I saw it in Crystal was in v8.5, you could save a report back to v7.0.... but that's been YEARS ago. buy v10.

DataDog [pc2]
If God wanted us to count in Hexadecimal, then why did he only give us A fingers?

Thanks for the advice; I thought that might be the case. Have a star for your help!

Pete.

Reports written in XI can be run in v.10, although certain features in XI (dynamic, cascading parameters) are not available in earlier versions. I would buy v.XI.

-LB

I agree with lbass. Buy the newer version. It can still save reports to be used by cr 10 users.

Cr 2008 supports formats to run in 10 and XI but says it can't be used by CR 9 users.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Right, so I can buy v11 and then open a report changed in this version with v10. Are the file formats the same or is there an export function?

Thanks again,

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back