Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can i save a whole website to a javascript variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabiangp

Technical User
Aug 10, 2006
US
I'm new to javascript, I have some knowledge of other languages but I'm not a professional programmer either, so I apologize if my question is the stupid question of the day............
Is it possible to create a javascript function that when I press a button it saves a whole website into a javascript variable? Is it possible to do that?
this is the case:
I have access to use some perl scripts but not access to the server, so what I would like to do is call those perl scripts from my website and save the response into a javascript variable, manipulate the string and save the content I want to keep. Thanks in advance.

The answer is yes you can. But you need to be careful about exceeding maximum length when you pass that string through a form.

[monkey][snake] <.

It should be very simple, the form answers an nslookup and I need to just keep the ip and redirect it to another website to get a router's ip, it;s all internal no permissions involved. That second ip is the one i need.
Can you guide to what functions I need to use in the form or where to find info about it? I already got a few books but still don;t know what to look for. Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back