Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i run vb.net applications in win 98?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahmanjan

Programmer
Apr 13, 2003
AU
hi all,

I have both xp and 98 in my pc. So i boot based on selection. My questions is is there a way that i can set up to run some programs that i create to be run in win 98?

do i need some extra run time files or i can copy some that already exist in my xp?

regards

As far as I know...

Yes! you can the the .Net exe applications on the win98, but to do that you need to install first the .Net Framework on that PC which having win98.

hi,

You mean the whole ".Net Framework" or just we need some run time files? I already have it in my XP which is in the same system any possibility to use it?

regards

Yes, Yamjan,

You need to install the whole ".Net Framework" on the Win98, and as I remember, you can include the .Net Framwork when you package you application in .Net, so you don't have to install it saperately.

Hope this help.

Yamjan -

There have been reports of flaky behavior of the .NET framework when running on Win98. If you can possibly convince your users to upgrade to WinXP or Win2000, that would be much better.

Chip H.

Hi Yamjan,

Did your application worked on Win98?

Not really,

coz I still don't know how to handle and get the runtimes needed.

thanks for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back