Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I run an MSI file from a Win Installer MSI setup program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amesville

Programmer
Oct 10, 2011
US
Sorry if this is kind of crazy, but I'm looking for some help...

I am trying to set up an installer package for my VB.NET application (2008) which uses some Crystal Reports. I have the requisite MSI files to install the redistributables for Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 10.5, but they are in their own MSI program. I would like to have my installer program run the Crystal Reports Install program before trying to install my application. Can this be done? I'm having a heckuva time trying to get this finished. Thanks.

Take a look at Inno Setup. It's free and can do what you want.

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Thanks. I have downloaded it and will have a good look at it. Anything has to be better than the Windows installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back