Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I run AccPac 7.X DOS on nt terminal server 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reno21

MIS
May 7, 2002
US
I have a client with several remote locations which need access to a central AccPac 7.x DOS program. I was considering installing a windows nt 4.0 terminal server as an AccPac workstation in the central location and then allowing the remote users to operate AccPac via terminal sessions.

Has anyone attempted to use AccPac DOS in a terminal services environment. If so, were there any special issues you needed to resolve.

I have already done the general NT configuration for AccPac (files=250 in config.nt and disabling opportunistic locking in the registry).

Thanks.

Hi
I am running Accpac 6.x (DOS) on terminal server with 7 clients. It has been running here for approx 3 years with out a hitch. If you require any help on setting it up let me know.

Cheers
John

I am having a problem since i upgraded to XP from win 98se. The GL keeps closing right in the middle of "merging transactions" (after posting) and i have corrupt data. I did all the above as well. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back