Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I run a .p or .r file from a .bat in NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguyfromhydrogate

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
Hi All,

I have several utilities that I have written that I would like to run every evening after hours. I use a .bat file to run a backup and would like to add a few lines to call several .p or .r programs to run just before backing up. If anyone could help me with the appropriate syntax needed to call a .p/.r file from a .bat it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you time.

-John

Look at the FAQ. I just started the ball rolling.

PS: Not many progress users are on this list at the moment. If you want maximum exposure, subscribe to peg via the website. Beware that your likely to get up to 100 emails per day.

Is it only 100 emails a day on the PEG nowadays... :-( It used to be nearer 200 when I subscribed a few years ago. I went on extended holiday for 5 weeks, came back to 5000 emails! Catching up kept me occupied for a couple of days... :)

Hi

use Progres in batch with:

/%DLC%/bin/_progres -db dbname -H dbhost -S dbservice -b -p prgname.p

(-b is the Parameter for running in batch)

Regards

Hi enterthedr,
You don't!
Progress needs a run-time environment (you got to buy a run-time licence), then you run your .r (compiled program) using the Progress executable (and Progress will richer).
Sorry :-(
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back