Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I run a cfm page using Windows Scheduler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbered

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
CA
I can't seem to get the ColdFusion scheduler to work, so I was thinking I would just use Windows scheduler.

I'm running MX and I'm not sure if I can run a .cfm page outside of my website. I know 4.5 can do it but, I can't find an .exe file to run the my web page. Can this be done?

Thanks!

You'd have to run the .JAR within the Windows JRE, I believe. And I'm not sure of the syntax to actually have it run a page (or if it's even possible).

Maybe have Windows Scheduler use IE to pull up a particular webpage from the server??

But the real question is why can't you use the ColdFusion scheduler. It should work pretty much out of the box... and if you're not able to get it to work, it might be worth a quick support call before you invest a lot of time implimenting a work-around.

-Carl

Try this in a vbs file:

set xmlHTTP = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
xmlHTTP.open "GET", " , False
xmlHTTP.Send
set xmlHTTP = Nothing

This assumes that your template has no visual output.

HTH,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back