Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I receive intercom calls on my extension. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

52rich

Vendor
Aug 14, 2011
US
Partner ACS 4.0..My question is there a way for a extension to receive and answer intercom calls, while the extension is call forwarded to another extension. I tried manual signaling, no luck.

Setup as follows ------Boss call forwards his extension to his assistant. She takes all of his calls, But if another extension in house wants to call him via the intercom, he wants to answer those calls.Hmmmmm is there a work around?
Thanks
Rich

You could try call coverage instead of call forwarding. The call will ring at the boss' extension first, then at the assistant's, and the cover to the boss' voicemail.

you can assign him another intercom ext.number via a loopback if you have an availble C.O. line port and a vacant extension port. Sendout an office memo stating Mr.Bighead is also ext.XX. They feel real important when they have 2 extension numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back