Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I query which version of Crystal my report is running under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsterp

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
GB
I have a report that was taking ages to process, due to having subreports based on complex union queries that were killing SQL Server.

So... I wrote a stored procedure to generate all the report data in a simple table, and fired this off in the report header. And I wrote a "cleanup" stored procedure that deletes this temporary data afterwards and put a call to this in the report footer.

This works perfectly in the Report Designer, but when scheduled within Info, the cleanup routine is called before the last record of the main report is processed, so the last record has no data in its subreports.

I found a workaround, but the workaround doesn't work in the report designer. So... one version works in the designer and one works in Info. Can I have a hybrid version that uses whichever method is appropriate to the environment it is run in?

i.e. can I write a formula that returns an indication of whether I am running within Seagate Report Designer or within Seagate Info Report Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back