Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I put a picture in Excel 2000 Header?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briand2

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
GB
Could someone please advise me if it is possible to put a picture / graphic in Excel 2000 header. I've tried to copy and paste, but I don't get the "Paste" option available when the header is selected.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Try this:
1. Under the View menu go to Header and Footer
2. Choose custom header
3. Choose where you want your picture - left, center or right
4. Choose the picture icon
5. Choose the picture file
6. Click OK
7. Click OK
That's it

Note: Because the picture is in the header, you won't see it from the Spreadsheet view.

Hi Brian,
Here's one workaround -although it won't be in the header area itself. Paste the picture in the first few rows of cells at the top of Sheet 1. Then in File | Page Setup | Layout tab, click in the box "Rows to Repeat at Top". Select the rows in your worksheet that contain the picture by selecting the row numbers themselves. You'll see a range appear in the box you clicked in. These rows will now appear at the top of each page, like a header.
Good luck,
BlueHorizon

Hi Brian,
Here's one workaround -although it won't be in the header area itself. Paste the picture in the first few rows of cells at the top of Sheet 1. Then in File | Page Setup | Layout tab, click in the box "Rows to Repeat at Top". Select the rows in your worksheet that contain the picture by selecting the row numbers themselves. You'll see a range appear in the box you clicked in. These rows will now appear at the top of each page, like a header.
Good luck,
BlueHorizon

Thanks for the quick responses!

Wrbnoh:
Unless I'm missing something, the Header setup dialog box in Excel 2000 does not have a "picture icon"; I believe that did not come until Excel 2002?

BlueHorizon:
Your workaround of putting the picture in the repeated top rows instead of in the header is what I had being doing all along!!! I was just hoping I could really get it into the header!!

Thanks again,

Brian

From Excel 200 help:

You cannot insert graphics or cell references in a header or footer. Use print titles if you want to repeat cell contents or a graphic on every printed page. How to use print titles.

Blue [dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back