Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I make a conditional circle? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsand23

Technical User
Feb 22, 2002
US
I am attempting to create a corporate dashboard with metrics and a red/yellow/green circle next to the metric depending on the value. Is there a way to format a circle(Formated square) to do this. I had thought about the webdings but can't figure out how to change the font color for the webdings.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi redsand23
You need to create a formula for the Font Colour of the Text Box.

Whouldn't I need to change the backround color of the text box and not the font. There is nothing in the text box. With Webdings I have used the = to give me a circle but I do not know how to change the font. If I use a text box I need to be able to create a formula to change the backround color; If I use the webdings, I need to change the font. Can you post a snippit of code that shows me how to change the font conditionally.

Again, thanks for being patient!! I am pretty new to this.

If you are using a formula containing "=" and then formatting it webdings as the font, then all you need to do is change the font color conditionally by using a formula like:

if {table.metric} < 10 then crYellow else
if {table.metric} in 11 to 20 then crRed else//etc.

...in the x+2 formula box next to font color. You do not need to use a text box at all.

-LB

Redsand... I was having the same problem, with no solution for months (mind you, I hadn't asked the experts here). The difference in my problem is that I was to use graphics (red octagon, yellow triangle, green circle). I had the jpg's, but was not sure how to implement. It came to me last week that I could put the 3 graphics in place, on top of each other, and use conditional supression of the graphic based upon a formula. The graphics will look sharper than webdings, etc., so if that would work for you it might be a solution.
Hope that makes sense... I think it is easier than the solution you're working toward.
If that won't work I believe (with v10 at least) you can use html in your formula which should allow you to conditionally set the font. I have only tried that once, and I don't have CR on this computer, so I'll have to defer on the specifics. I was reading details in the help file earlier this week, but had to stop for a different project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back