Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I install OLAP manager in my workstation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinYeung

Programmer
Apr 20, 2001
HK
HI all,

I am managing and developing a SQL 7 OLAP service solution, but everytime i need to start / execute the OLAP manager at server side and is it the only way that i can do the project? Can i install the OLAP manager in my own workstation which is similar to SQL Enterprise manager, that mean I can design the OLAP and the DW database remotely?

Can somebody give me some suggestin or hints?

Many thanks.

Franklin
:)

We only recently installed Analysis Services for SQL 2000. We didn't utilize OLAP Services in SQL 7 so I don't have any experience. A quick look in SQL 7 BOL and on the MS website indicates that the OLAP Manager can indeed be installed on a client. Apparently OLAP Manager cannot be installed on a WIN9x PC. Terry L. Broadbent - DBA
Computing Links:
faq183-874 contains "Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers" to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back