Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I install Firmware 7 for my VAL? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
Or should I let Avaya do it. Is there or are there any issues I should about before doing this? Any feedback is greatful, thank you.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

Upgrading the firmware is very straight-forward. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the read me file that is on the same page as the firmware download. The board does go out-of-service while it is being upgraded and, depending on the switch version, the board may have to be reseated.

Kevin

go for it. just like '4merAvaya' says, 'Follow the instructions.' Enable ftp in the switch, put it on the C-LAN and push it out to the boards needed. its really easy.

Thanks Guys I'll try to update you on the outcome when I get it done. I'll have to place a Change Request in my company as it means down time for the board.

Keep posting your replys, it helps us NooBs alot and we (well I) truly appreciate it.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

&quot;There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way.&quot;

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

When upgrading the firmware on a VAL board the VAL board is both source and target when doing the change firmware download command. Enable the filesystem on the VAL board. Open a command prompt session on your computer. Change directory to the folder you have the new firmware file stored. FTP into the VAL board. Also, be sure to type &quot;binary&quot; to enable binary transfer, default is ASCII and that will corrupt the firmware file. VERY IMPORTANT: when you FTP into a VAL board you are in the directory that holds the .wav files, do not put the firmware file here. Type: cd/ (letter c letter d and a forward slash) to take you to the root directory. &quot;Put&quot; the new firmware file here. Do a &quot;dir&quot; to see the new firmware file. Type: bye to exit the FTP session.
In ASA you can do a &quot;list directory board UUCss&quot; to see the firmware file you just uploaded. Do the change firmware download command to upgrade the firmware.

oh yeah, good thing that 'pltalm' spoke up. VAL boards can do their own firmware upgrades, source and target.

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/tsoweb/firmware/TNpackFirmwareDownloadInstructions.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back