Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I install ECC remotely using VNC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3funct

MIS
Jul 13, 2000
US
I work from home in Washington State. I have a server in RTP, North Carolina which needs to have ECC installed (a single server install with Storage Scope and Performance View). I have hands and feet that can switch disk for me etc. And was wondering if it is possible to install either ECC 5.1.2 or 5.2 remotely using VNC. I know I can't install it using terminal services, but I've heard VNC is a different animal. Advice?

Monitor out of pixels, I'll need to go grab a box and fill'r up.

I have run into problems installed ECC products using NetSupport & PCAnywhere in the past. Don't know VNC, but I'd say EMC will recommend it is installed locally on the server.

Jon

I have run into problems installing ECC products using NetSupport & PCAnywhere in the past. Don't know VNC, but I'd say EMC will recommend it is installed locally on the server.

Jon

Asked the EMC tech yesterday about it in an e-mail and he said he and others have installed using VNC with no issues.

Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

I'd go for it then.
Just make sure all pre-reqs are taken care of (stop MSDTC, AntiVirus, etc....in Readme). If not you might be annoying your CD-changer more than necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back