Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I hyperlink from a Word Document to an Outlook Email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBNelson

MIS
Aug 27, 2001
US
Can I hyperlink from a Word Document to an Outlook Email? I would like to be able to reference a particular email from within a Word Doucment. It is strictly for my own use in tracking information that is sent to me (alot easier to hyperlink it and then be able to refer back to it a month later).

Thanks!

Well if you save the Outlook message as a file (.msg) then I would think you could like any other link to a file. But if you are keeping the file on the Exchange server or in a .pst file then I don't see how it would be possible. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

No hyperlink necessary.

Click on the <unopened> message in Outlook.
Hit Edit-Copy.
Go to your Word doc.
Hit Edit-Paste special-Files.
It connects the message right into the file.

If you just want to open outlook and not a specific item within Outlook couldn't you just paste in a shortcut - or am I missing something. Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back