Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I Hook a Laptop to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbg247

Programmer
Apr 12, 2002
US
Hey all,

Can I hook up a laptop to a NEAX 2000IVS to do system administration changes and adds?? Please help. I really need this info.

Yes you can - you need to set up the port to it - i.e. either by the serial port or dialing in on a modem line.

You need a proprietory nec cable for a direct connection. You are supposed to use matworx but you can use procomm or hyperterminal. My suggestion would be to set up the modem on the MP so you can dial into the switch without the serial cable.

I'm not a PBX guy but there is also a built in modem on the NEAX and it's ext 299? I think??

spoclogo2.jpg

If you tell me how you want to dial in to the modem (DID,vmail transfer, Dit, or just have someone transfer you in.) I will post back the instructions on how to set up modem. And also what type of phones do you have to program from.

On Neax 2000 an extension number has to be set in Cmd40
YY=10 Port=1

The Station Number must be a number that has not been assigned by Cmd 10 or 11.

The defaults should already be set for 1200 N 8 1

If you need to program this from a phone the sequence to get into programming is: Handset on hook, pres Cnf,Trf *
then Cnf, Trf #.
That will get you into programming:
You need the Documentation as there are many other areas that may need to be turned on, and it is to long for this post.

DJ

On an NEC 2000 IVS (Not IVS2) you simply need a 9 pin Female to 25 pin male serial canble and a null modem adapter. You'll notice on the bottom shelf (PIM0) there is a 25 pin connection directly above the batteries, below the card slots, thats where it plugs into, no special cables, though a MAT CA-x (Where x=rev level) is much easier and plugs directly into the CPxx card. - as for the modem connection the above post is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back