Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I have your network configuration opinions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEVDaddy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2001
US
I am working on a friends 2k network. He has a small network that has 1 2k server and 4 pro workstations. The 2k server is configured with active directory and uses the domain name of "domain.local" He recently purchased a web domain name, we will call it "domain.org" He has a pc that he wants to use to hold the website data.

I would like some suggestions on how I should create this network. Should I just blow out the existing AD and create a new one called "domain.org" or should I create a new domain and join it to the .local domain.

I should also add that the server has 2 nics in it and is routing with nat for the workstations.

The .org domain will not be using the internet connection on .local but it's own dsl line so I don't know if that will make any difference.

Thanks for any suggestions or help I could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back