Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i have my basic form submit the info to a database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boojer

Programmer
Jan 2, 2005
US
i'm beginning to feel stupid! all i want to do is have my tiny little simple registration form submit the info to microsoft access. how do you do that? 10 basic fields, name, company, phone, etc...the hidden fields and connection strings, et al is very confusing to me which i don't think it should be. which in turn frustrates me! i'm on xp pro and if my company having their own server means i'm not hosted than i'm not hosted. and i can access the server if need be. please help. thanks VERY much!!

Are you using MS Access? Is your form in MS Access or some other program? If in MS Access, is it unbound (no Recordsource) or is it bound (has a recordsource)?

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

yes, i said microsoft access, but my form is in dreamweaver. i'm trying to figure out how to set the options in dreamweaver for my form to submit to access, once the user completes it and submits it. it's only 10 fields, strictly input (first name, last, title, company), no ordering or anything. any help is truly appreciated. thanks very much

What language are you using? ASP?

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back