Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I have Conditional ring time for ACD line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frazierr

MIS
Jun 23, 2004
US
333 is the extension that feeds our ACD. Is there a way to have the 333 line not ring, or ring a short number of times (currently set to 4, I'd like to make it 2 or none so all calls go into ACD when ACD is active) and longer (like 8) when it is not?
I'm trying to make sure all calls go into the queue when it is active, but can still be answered when it is not.

Environment:
CS1000 on Opt 11C, basic ACD (no symposium) and 3904 instruments. A smallish "mountain resort" front desk and back office are involved.
10 Queue phones. x5811-5820.
Phones have 599 (the queue number) showing on them in primary position (green button, Key 0). Each phone also has other lines ("private, non queue" lines).
The ACD serves extension 333 (a DID number). Because some of these phones also need to answer the 333 line when ACD is not active, it also appears on each of the phones.

I set all this up several years ago, but queue has not been properly utilized (personnel management issue). I don't remember everything that was done to get it all set up, but it seems to be functioning normally.
I'm an IT guy, not a phone wizard. Therefore, I don't always know which LD is needed for various activities, nor the specifics of how to use it once I'm there.
The poor guy that works for the contractor that has our switch "maintenance" is old-school lineman and has only been taught enough to do basic checks and backups, and his eyes get all defocused any time I ask him about anything else...
I tried to convince the powers that be to send me to school, but they'd rather have us bumble along... (be grateful you don't work for the Department of Defense like me.)

Due to a management/personnel problem that seems unresolvable (Can't fire the manager), While the ACD is active, front desk will pick up 333 when ringing, and put the caller on hold. This restricts access to that instrument. If they are busy, the call will actually go into the queue. I would like to minimize or eliminate the possibility of a front desk person intercepting the call before it hits the queue, but make sure the extension rings when ACD is not active (outside of normal hours or nobody logged in)

Thanks
--Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back