Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I have 2 different sets of page numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimagine

Programmer
May 3, 2002
US
I have a fairly simple report. Car Dealers, grouped by dealer, new page after each group.

What I would like to do is have "Dealer Page X of X" for each dealer on one corner of the page and "Report Page X of X" for the entire report in another corner. While the report is printing, we need the total page count for quality control purposes; the dealer page counts will help in report distribution.

I tried the "reset page after" in the group footer but then I can't get a page count for the entire report.

Thanks!

You can create a formula to count the number of pages like:

@TotalPageCount

NumberVar PageCounter := PageCounter+1;
"Page "&totext(PageCounter,0,"")

and place in the page footer.

But I don't know how you would show total number of pages as you would be restting the TotalPageCount field.

Can you live with just Page x for the Report page?

Reebo
Scotland (Sunny with a Smile)

As far as I know, Crystal recognises only the one page count.

What I'd suggest is that you create your own count and call it 'page count' on your report. Maybe a numeric variable that is updated by one by every page footer.

Madawc Williams
East Anglia
Great Britain

What I've ended up doing is the PageCounter like you suggested and have that in the Page Footer, and I left the Page N of M in the group footer, resetting after each group.

So I have "Dealer Page X of X" and "Manuscript Page X"

Close enough!! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back