Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i get a file back together when it was email in different parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocker40

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2004
US
I had somebody send me a .PDF file. It was large and his server could not send it so he enabled the the option in OUTLOOK EXPRESS under tools-accounts-properties of account-advanced tab-check "break apart messages larger than"
I am on exchange2003 the emails came to me in 4 different parts. The attachments are sequenced like this .pdf[2_3.dat
.pdf[2_4.dat .pdf[2_4.dat .pdf[2_5.dat
How do I put this back into one file [.pdf] so I can open it? I tried to just the extension to .pdf on each one but no luck.
Thank you for your help in advance

Save the attachments to a directory of your choice, then open a command prompt and ...

copy <source1> /b + <source2> /b [....] <targetfile>

I must be doing something wrong on the [copy] part.
I just try to copy a file and recieve this error
The system cannot find the file specified.
I cd into the directory and did [dir] and saw the files then I ran [copy \name\name\ /b \name\name "dir I wanted it in" I even tried it with "c:\" in front. So instead I just tried to copy a file and still got the same problem
Help? Am I doing something wrong on the copy part.
my file is in c:\winhack\newwin\filename

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back