Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I generate a report through consoleone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis37

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
I want to find out how many users we have on Novell and Groupwise. Is there a way to do this through consoleone?

One simple way of doing this is to perform a search in NetWare Administrator.

Just select your top Organization or Organizational Unit, select Search from the Object Menu, ensure search subcontainers is selected (other options should default to User and None respectively), then click ok. This will list all users in your DS and will tell you how many at the bottom of the NetWare Administrator screen. Note: the search may take some time (no more than 5 minutes)

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

You could also do a NLIST from a command prompt. start at the top of the tree, search for users and get a list all the way down to the bottom.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

TheLad,
That's a nice trick, but is there any way to get the output into a useable file? With NW5.0 sp6a NWAdmin on W2k, I can't copy the contents of the results.

Nevermind, I set up a printer that prints to file, works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back