Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can I do an on demand test of 300+ analouge stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

fil977

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
EU
Is it possible to do an on demand test of about 300 analogue stations?

I know the daily maintenance covers this, but I am looking to see whether I can run something like test #48 (station present test) on demand. Or, can I do a test station for multiple stations.

They way I am thinking of doing this otherwise is to do test board's.

All help appreciated, Merry Xmas.

well, to avoid doing this in the first place, on your analog sets, make test a no right under the COS

@ captainnick666

I have no problems with the test set to yes.

I am after trying to an on demand test of the analouge stations, simiilar to what is done during the daily maintenance.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

fil977

not sure if this is possible unless you do a test board for each analogue board

why do you need to test 300 stations

This definity forms part of a 'life critical system' and as part of a health and saftey requirement I am required to prove that all analogue stations are functioning. I think they are looking for a little more than there are no alarms so all is well" kinda response.

I was thinking of the test boards originally because I can have a process in place to do this. Just thought a tinkle test would be a nice obvious way of doing this check.

Have put up a second post regarding test MO and was wondering whether this may help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back