Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I display a ConfirmButton only on certain conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmohr79

Technical User
Jan 18, 2005
US
I'm new to AJAX (think the calendar is great) and ASP.NET in general, but I need to create a "confirm message" box when the Save button is clicked, but ONLY if 2 session variable do not equal.

Here's pseudo code:

btnSave_onclick
if session("A") <> session("B") then
display message "do you want to change?"
yes - continue to next page(postback)
no - return to current page (no postback)
else go to next page (postback)

BTW - most of the time session("A") = session("B") so the message is only relevant when the user makes what is a fundamental change.

I've researched the asp.net/AJAX site, but don't see anything that would give me this functionality.

Thanks for any insight!

I don't see anything here that is AJAX-related. Are you sure you didn't want the plain old JavaScript forum ( forum216 ), or perhaps when you say AJAX you are talking about the name Microsoft borrowed/purloined/stole for their own ends, in which case you want one of the .net forums?

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Thanks for the response Dan - you're right, it should be directed to JavaScript. And I think I'm close to a solution after some more research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back