Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can i Disable Mouse Double Click ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazal

Programmer
Apr 30, 2003
OM
Hi Friends

I know its possible to Hide Mouse Cursor, Disable Mouse Right Click, but is it possible to disable Mouse Double Click>????

Ok i want it this way, within my APP Double clicking should be allowed, but only on the DeskTop the Double Click should be disabled, Please note it should remain enabled in any other application also.

Any suggestion will be great

Gazal

I do'nt understand because you have the DblClick event so you have to give it any value or not. Or what do you mean with dissable double mouse click.

Ok let me be more precise

i have a desktop protection application, in which i m disabling Ctrl-Alt-Delte, Ctrl-Esc, Alt-Tab etc, and as well hiding all desktop icons, Startup Menu, Start Button, Right Click. But the only way by which the Startup Menu is Accessible is by Double Clicking on the Desktop Window.

So i wanna Disable Mouse Double Click Also.

Any further Help???

Regards
GAzal

hey guyz

it is kinda urgent i m awaiting ur precious response and helpful comments, i m damn sure that its possible thorugh some API calls related to mouse. Meanwhile i am also in hunt of it, if i get something i will post it here. but please do get back to me with some hints.

REgards

Gazal

Gazal,

Did you figure it out? I have a major double click problem as my client wants all buttons single click but the nagivation buttons will jump 2 forms if a double-click is issued by a user.

I've been to the forums, checked the newsgroups and I don't see an answer. I've not yet used any API calls but I'd do anything to get past this problem!

Regards, Sorrells

>disabling Ctrl-Alt-Delte

Not on any of the NT-based OS (NT4/W2000/XP/W2003) you won't be, I'm afraid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back