Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I delete the "rAAAA??.chg" files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2003
GB
In the ARCserve Database directory I have hundreds and hundreds of files named "rAAAA??.chg". I have looked in the manual and CAI's website trying to find out whether or not I can delete these files.

I found a document which stated what they were used for, but not whether I could delete them.

Can I delete them? Would anyone suggest I schedule a job to delete them? Should I always keep the last "x" number of days?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

Like a complete muppet I didn't say which version of ARCserve I was using...

I'm using ARCserve 2000 with SP4 installed.

I hope this helps!

Lee

Yes, you can delete these. If you have a database hang or not able to start, this is a solution from CA. Delete all files that start with the letter "R or r" but make sure all your engines are stopped first.

I had 11 of these in the database folder and had a tech from CA on the line he said no worries just stop the engines and delete the files .. he also said to check and make sure the temp directory in the arcserve folder also emptied out on its own once the engines were stopped, if not .. delete ALL entries in the temp folder then restart the engine.

Yes , you can delete all Raaa.... file under arcserve database directory , don't worry ... delete all file , these are only checkpoint file .

just seen this question

I have to regularly clean out these files on 150 servers i support, any one created or knows of a batch file i could SCHEDULE to clean these out say once a week ??

Hi ,
No , unfortunately Doesn't exist any official batch file to delete it .
Thanks in advance .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back