Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I create new reports from groups of a report? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadom

Programmer
Nov 16, 2001
How can I use the groups of a report to create new individual reports?

hi

you can created a sub report with the table you use for your report with the same criteria you used to make your group selection

hope this helps

pgtek

It sounds like you want to electronically burst the report so that each group becomes a separate rpt file or a separate export to a pdf, excel, HTML, or other format.

Have a look at Ken Hamady's list of Report Managers at:
and look for those 3rd-party tools that offer "Burst" functionality.

Alternatively, develop a VB application to do the same thing on your own.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Exactly, Ido. Any ideas on what the VB Application should be doing?

Amadon,

Your question is a bit too general.
Do you have experience developing VB applications using the RDC? If so, please focus your question on the exact area that is not clear. If not, I suggest you consider saving yourself time and aggravation by considering the 3rd-party tools (including my Visual CUT software) listed by Ken:
Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

As a developer of VB/CR utilities I'd recommend you take advantage of all the work Ido has put into his utility.

It might seem like a simple task, but there are complications you will only discover once you start coding a solution. Ido (and the other utility developers like myself and SurfingGeko) have already solved those, so don't waste time doing it all again.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back