Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I create a mail rule for Outlook directly on Exchange for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

skhoury

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2003
US
Hello,

Does anyone know if I can create a mail rule directly on Exchange so that everyone automatically has the rule in Outlook?

If that isn't possible, is there another method to deploying rules without having to touch each Outlook client?

Thanks all!

Sam

That's what I thought - I was poking around the System Manager and didn't find the option anywhere.

Basically, I want any emails coming from a particular user to automatically be re-directed to a folder in the users mailbox.

any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Sam

Do you have an SMTP Gateway, or a SPAM server that processes the messages before hitting your Exchange server? If so, with the SPAM, or Gatweway products, you can usually assign a rule that:

If you see an email from this address, send it HERE

I would configure a mail-enabled public folder, and have either the Gateway, or SPAM product send the messages their.

Mike Fegan, MCSE

Read about the best FREE IT tools available, and check out the 'Babe of the Week' at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back