Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I create a crosstab IMR without the wizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doddy

Technical User
Mar 28, 2001
AU
Greetings from sunny Adelaide, Australia!

I have a query that I can't build through the wizard as it has some union statements in it, and some selects from dual in a subquery. I have written the SQL and entered it, but of course you lose the wizard when you do that.

Can I now convert the format from Simple List to Crosstab?

Or can I build one IMR with the SQL to a simple list, and use another IMR to punch it into crosstab shape?

I am using Impromptu 7.

Many thanks.

Open the Query dialog and there is a button 'Build Crosstab' at the the bottom of the data tab.

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Thanks GJ, but the data tab on the query dialog disappears if you enter your own SQL via the profile tab.

All you're left with is an SQL tab which has your query code, and group, access and profile tabs. None of these have the 'build crosstab' button on the original query dialog.

I can't see another access off the menus either. Any other ideas?

regards,
doddy.

Write your custom SQL as a database view and put the view in the catalog. Then you have the benefits of the custome SQL and the flexibility of all of the Impromptu controls.

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back