Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i copy application objects, from one tree to another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raym0nd

MIS
Nov 3, 1999
NL
Hello,<br>
<br>
My question is,<br>
<br>
can i copy application objects beyond 2 trees, without using zenworks 2.<br>
Because i'm still working with zenworks 1.x<br>
for zenworks 2 you can use LCXPORT, but that program doesn't work under zenworks 1.x<br>
Who can help me out<br>

No, You can not copy ust move application objects.<br>
What You can do is that You create a new application with the AOT file You have already. (Copy thata AOT content to another server perhaps!)<br>
<br>
Regards: Mike

I have Zenworks 1.1.<br>to export a AOT:<br>&nbsp;-NWadmin32<br>&nbsp;-select the app Object to export<br>&nbsp;-in tools menu, click&nbsp;&nbsp;application Object management-&gt; Export<br>&nbsp;-folow the instructions and export the AOT to the same DIR as the .FIL files for that application.<br><br>Zip-up that DIR and move it to where ever you want. Provided the destination tree is running ZEN same version and&nbsp;&nbsp;up it will work!.<br><br>NOTE: since the other site might not have the same DIR structure to store all the .FIL files you may have to change the location where the object needs to fetch it's .FIL files. <br>While in the Object, use the MACROS tab to fix that.<br><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back