Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I convert this PDF to a web page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the free "Reader" version then no. If you have the regular version that you buy then yes. Save as > xx.pdf

ag5t:

This is a neat graphic--congratulations! Fizzak seems to have misunderstood your question, but the answer is still yes, if you have Acrobat 6.0 Standard or Professional. I tried it on my machine and it produces a passable web page: the circle is a little rougher than in the PDF, but all of the information is there in the right places. Here's how:

Open the PDF in Acrobat.
Choose Save As under the File Menu.
Choose the location for the new .htm file.
Under Save As Type in the dialogue box that opens, choose HTML 4.01 with CSS 1.00 (*.htm).
Click OK.
[With this particular file, Acrobat came back and said it couldn't convert an untagged file. To add tags, go to the Advanced menu on the top bar, choose Accessibility, then Make Accessible. Once this is done, you can use the process outlined above.]
Check the new file by opening in your browser.

Good luck with your important work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back