Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i control the interness of the client with ISA server 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zawyenaung

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2008
MM
hi all,

I have 1 ISA server 2006, and 1 domain controller and more then 80 pc. i need to prevent the Internet access on some website. now all of the client need to enable the proxy setting at their web browser. when thay enable the proxy in the web browser, my web proxy is work. if they don't enable the proxy setting in the web server, thay can surf all the website. so i need to control that case. my needs is if thay don't enable the proxy setting in the web browser, thay can't u Internet. this is my needs. i don't want to control by GPO. Can i create like my needs at ISA Server 2006? like port, NAT or something .... i don't know.
pls help me......

thanks

Sounds like you either have a open rule on a firewall that allows everyone to surf the internet(could be isa could be something else).

You need to make it so the only machine that can get out to the internet is the isa box. Probably best to use group policy to redirect clients to the isa box so that its hard to get around. Smart users will just use something like firefox if there is a path out to the internet avoid the isa box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back