Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I change the Label Type in a existing Label Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHear1

Technical User
May 4, 2001
US
I am trying to re-use the reports that came with SalesLogix to create additional reports for labels. The best process would be to be able to edit an existing report and just change it to a different label number ex Avery 5160 to a 5663. I have not found any way to do this.

Also Crystal 8.5 does not have every label that Avery has to offer. How can I get more label options. I need Avery 5960.
Thanks,
Jeff

To add more label options, just locate and edit LABELS.TXT

It's probably under the following directory on your PC:
C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports

The dimensions you specify in that file are in "points"
(72 points = 1 inch).

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Make a copy of the current report first just in case something odd happens.

Select Report->Report Expert->select the label tab and change the Mailing Label Type.

-k

Thank you very much!
I didn't think to look there.

Lucky you are using 8.5. Report Expert is not available in the menu in CR9 or 10. You can find the steps to add a new label type in Crystal KB - Article ID: c2005462 under the title "Adding a new label type to the Mail Label Report Expert". This was written in 2000 for CR7 but is still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back