Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I change the Icon of my Access Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheilaAlighieri

Technical User
Nov 16, 2002
NL
Hi, I have an access mdb file and if possible I would like to customize the icon. Is there any way to do so? If I need some software, no problem! I'll download it :)

Regards from Roma,

Sheila

Hi,

If you go into tools start up there is an option there for the icon.

To change the icon of the shortcut, right click the short cut, go to properties, then in the shotcu tab there is a change icon button, just click it and you can change it there.

Rob! [Bigcheeks]

Tools > StartUp > Application Icon
and choose your icon.

Remember though, if you install the database on another computer and the icon you have chosen does not reside on that computer it will not show up.

If you create your own application specific "logo" in BMP format, you can go to and download for free Command Bar Image Editor which will convert your BMP to ICO file format. Then you can point to the file in Tools - Startup - Application Icon. It's pretty easy to use.

You're welcome

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back