Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I change the font used in the SQL syntax window? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddy

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
I was just wondering if it was possible to change what font is used when you are typing in a SQL query in Acess 2002? The font that it defaults with is so skinny and makes me always misjudge where the cursor is at.

Baddy,

Yeah, it's a pain, and no, you can't change it. In response to someone else asking about this, I made a form that will let you view the SQL of any query, even one saved in the properties tab of a form or control, and modify it. It's pretty nifty, really lightweight, and completely easy to modify to fit your own needs.

It's on my site at under Custom SQL Editor.

Love to hear if it works for you.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Access Databases for Non-Profit Organizations

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

Oh, and I forgot to point out of the more nifty features, which I also left off the web page: you can use search and replace in the text box.

This came in quite handy recently when I had 7 queries with 7 tables, with a two-field relationship between each of the tables, all of which had to be left joined from a different table for each of the queries. Took me about a minute and a half to do. Would have been a serious pain to deal with all those relationships graphically (working on my laptop, using the touchpad).

Enjoy.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

Thanks Jeremy, that looks great. I am having a bit of a problem with it however -- when I hopen the MDB up as is (a new database with just that form), it works correctly -- but when I am importing it into an existing database, I get "The expression On Open you enteres as the event property setting produced the following error: User-defined type not defined." when I try to open your form. I am using Access 2002 -- any ideas? I am not a programmer, so when I poked around the txt version of it I didn't have the slightest clue how to modify it. Thanks a ton,

Patrick

Patrick,

That message usually means you need to set a reference to the DAO library. Open up the database into which you've imported the form. Hit Ctrl-G. On the Tools menu, select References. Scroll down in the list until you get to the Data Access Objects, or DAO, or Microsoft Data Access Objects, or something like that. There may be more than one. Select the one with the highest version number. Then click OK.

That should take care of it.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks

That did it, thanks again for all your help -- this form is a great solution.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back