Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I change form field font from radio button

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkape

MIS
Mar 22, 2001
US
I have a form which has a series of 5 radio button, and a text entry feild. I would like to associate a font with each radio button and change the font of the text entry field to the select font.

Has anyone done this? I don't know if I should try to control the font by usign styles or some other menthod.

Thanks,
Doug

I'm not sure if this is what you want. But here is a very scaled down example that I came up with:
<html>
<head>
<title>Untitled</title>

<script>
<!--

//use this function to dynamically change the input elements
//font type by passing to it the 'val' variable which holds
//the name of the font.
//also note that you have to give the input element a
//predefined style using some sort of style sheet.

function changeFont(val){
eval(&quot;document.getElementById('idTry').style.fontFamily ='&quot;+val+&quot;'&quot;);
}
//-->
</script>
<style>
.test{position:absolute;font-family:helvetica;}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<form>
<br>
<input type=&quot;text&quot; id=&quot;idTry&quot; value=&quot;&quot; class='test'>
<br>
symbol:  <input type=&quot;radio&quot; name=&quot;font&quot; value=&quot;symbol&quot; onclick=&quot;changeFont(document.forms[0].font[0].value);&quot;>

times:  <input type=&quot;radio&quot; name=&quot;font&quot; value=&quot;times&quot; onclick=&quot;changeFont(document.forms[0].font[1].value);&quot;>
</form>

</body>
</html>

Note: there might be some cross-browser issues with netscape 4 browsers. But try it out and see if it works. Copy and past it into your text-editor and play around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back