Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I change a Station No.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalboKowboy

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2007
US
Hello All,

I am a network admin that gets to handle a NEC 2000IPS phone system at our small company.

I want to change an Ordinary Station No. from 1111 to 8007.
Station 1111 is at LEN 01040.

I don't see a clear cut way to do this. I usually use MATWorX32 and MOC to do what I need to get done.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,
John

Cmd 14 de len number de (old number is displayed)enter new number exe.

You will get people saying you should delete call pickup groups and hunting groups first, but I have never had problems.

I assume the digit 8 (or alternatively 80 or 800 or even 8007)is set to 804 in Cmd 200.

OzzieGeorge,

Thank you so much. That worked beautifully.

And Cmd 200 on 80 = 804. What does that tell me?

Thanks again,
John

80x means it is an internal extension number and the x signifies how many digits in the extension number. So if you were adding a new range of 100 numbers say for arguments sake 70xx then 70 would be set to 804 in cmd 200. If however you were adding a 1000 number range then 7 would be set to 804.

The fact that 80 is set to 804 means you can use 71,72 etc up to.....79 for other features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back