Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I call Crystal report from Cold Fusion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perichazhi

Programmer
Jul 17, 2000
IN
Hi,
I need to display a Crystal report onto my web page, using ColdFusion.
Is this possible at all ?

If possible, can somebody help me with this.

Regards
PeriChazhi

Hi,
I've only done this once myself but the idea is fairly easy.
From ColdFusion your code would look like this:

<CFREPORT Report=&quot;CrystalReport.rpt&quot;>
</CFREPORT>
You can also Customize reports by sending parameters directly to the Crystal Reports Engine like this.
<CFREPORT Report=&quot;CrystalReport.rpt&quot;>
{Data.Vairable} = &quot;Value&quot;
</CFREPORT>

Make sure to put your field names in &quot;{}&quot; curly Brackets.

From Crystal Reports the easiest way is with the Report Expert. Crystal Reports calls datasources &quot;Servers&quot; so watch for that.

Hope that helps.

tlhawkins

dear perichazhi,
actually, i have never tried to use crystal reports with coldfusion. but i know that there's a coldfusion tag called <cfreport> which you can use to work with reports. check this example please, maybe it will help:

<cfreport report=&quot;\html\reports\emplist.rpt&quot;>
{departments.department} = &quot;sales&quot;
</cfreport>

there are more attributes for this tag like 'datasource', 'orderby', 'password', 'username', and '@formulaname'.

that's all i know for now. i hope the cf experts will help you more. <CFBikzit Text=&quot;Hi There&quot;>

sorry tlhawkins, i think we did submit the replies at the same time. ;) <CFBikzit Text=&quot;Hi There&quot;>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back