Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i bypass my proxy server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom22london

Programmer
Mar 11, 2003
US
hi, my computer run's internet behind a proxy server, is it possible that i can bypass my proxy server, so that i can use programs to donwload music, videos etc.

regards

tom

My first question is is the proxy server required to access the Internet? If so then you cannot really bypass the proxy server since most likely you have some sort of private network with the proxy server acting as the Public access (like NAT on routers). Is this so? Or do you have a different scenario?

If so then the question is not to bypass the server. The question then would be to be able to forward ports to your particular PC. Not sure if this is really your question but hope it helps anyway.

Thanx for reply, but following is the detailed thing which we are talking about.
Being resident in Arab, i can't access website through which i can download music, videos, pictures. Bewcuase its prohibited,
proxy1.emirates.net.ae:8080 is the proxy server address which i have use to access to internet, but i dont know is there any way that i can bypass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back