Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I add a selection to the ‘empty space’ context menu (searched for)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustywill

Technical User
May 8, 2007
US
Hello,

When you right click on the empty space in windows explorer a context menu appears. Can I add a menu item to this context menu? So far the closest I can come to this is adding to the context menu you get when you right click on a folder icon.

I will already be in the folder I wish to run the .bat file in and it’s a pain to always have to go up one level and click on the folder’s icon to get to my menu item.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rusty

Rusty Williamson
Founder / Director
Virtualmedia Studios, San Diego, CA

> <snip> "DOS Prompt Here" option to the context menus of folders and drive root folders respectively.

Thanks for replying! Actually I already have the "Open Command Prompt Here" added to the 'folder menu' (where you right click on a folder) -- in fact the command I want to add (Start New Animation Project) presently resides in this menu. However, this is not the context menu I want to add it to. The menu I'm interested in is the one you get when you right click on the background of a windows explorer window.

Cheers,
Rusty

Rusty Williamson
Founder / Director
Virtualmedia Studios, San Diego, CA

Have peruse of this slightly similar thread, see if it helps?

Desktop Popup Menu Values in the Registry
thread779-1365018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back