Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Hunt Group PLDN revert to Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncman

Programmer
Feb 17, 2009
CA
Hi All
I was going to set up a hunt group with 4 users. In a all busy or no answer scenerio, can the PLDN forward to a voice mailbox????

I would just hunt set a to b, b to c and c to d, then d to voicemail. FDN the last ext to VM, xfdn on the others

Absolutely. Make the last number of the Group Hunt list be the mail pilot DN. I have this working on an 81C with Meridian Mail so I assume CallPilot will work too.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I do the same for Nortel's connected to AVST and Octel mail systems as well.

Best is to make the huntgroup LINear.
When configured as RRB 1 in 5 calls will go to voicemail even though someone is available.

First one in the group will not be happy but technically it will work fine...

Good tip, Utreg. In my customer's setup, they picked out who they wanted to get the most calls and put them 1st in line. We put MSB keys on all their sets so if they get up and walk away, they press it and the call bypasses their set.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

correct, make it lin, with a maxp1 acd ncfw to mail the last member..

it will hunt across unanswered stations.. a short hunt rings a phone that does not answer, it then follows the fdn of that station.. a pldn rings a station, no answer it rings the next member of the hunt group..

it's the only time that hunt skips an unanswered station

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back