Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can group footer names be supressed on drill-trhu pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickJ

Programmer
Apr 5, 2000
CA
I have a report that is grouped by customer, then product group. The detail section (i.e. products within a product group) is hidden.

I print the customer name in the group 1 header, then product group in the group 2 header, and summarized sales info is in the group 2 footer. This looks fine until I drill from a product group down to its individual products.

The hidden detail section that is then displayed includes the product name followed by sales info for each product, presented in exactly the same format as for product group.

So, at the bottom of the drill-down page(s) I have the sales info for the last product followed immediately by the total sales info for the product group.

I need to print the product group description as a footer for group 2, but only on drill-down pages - not on the main report.

I haven't found any function that will tell me if I'm on a drill-down report or on the main report. Such a simple function would be all I need.

Does anyone know if there such a function, or perhaps another way to get the result I'm looking for?

Thanks
RickJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back