Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Framemaker include pictures in database publishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat69

Technical User
Mar 17, 2003
US
The old Ventura Publisher had a useful feature that allowed you to use text coding to anchor picture frames in text with their contents specified. With the 128-file limit per document that wouldn't be much help in today's environment, but what I really want to do is find a DTP application that will let me merge my database of 1500+ inventory items with product photo image names into a file that can then be formatted into a multi-column catalog document with each item pictured. This would take all week in Quark XPress, and while I can do this to produce web pages I haven't found anything that can take HTML code and convert it into a long, formatted document. Don't really want a 1500-item web page, either! Is FrameMaker what I'm looking for?

It can certainly be done with an FDK client but I don't think a suitable off-the-shelf client could be found for what you need. Alternatively it might be possible to do it semi-automatically by exporting and manipulating a MIF file, but it depends on what the context is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back