Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Forms command button labels be 2 lines? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppBldr

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
We need to use multiple words on a button label, but it makes it too wide. We tried using set_item_property for the button label and concatenating chr(10) between the words, but it just showed up as 2 words (on one line) with a dark bar between them. Can it be done or are we out of luck?

Thanks...

can u tell what r the multiple words to be there on the button ... ? I tried to have 3 words in a button by using the property sheet of the button.... Can u make it more clear ....?

We want "Customer Administration" but with "Customer" over "Administration".

Thanks...

You cant have multiple lines on a button. The only way around this is to make a button lookalike with a display item and raised bevel. Then you will need to do some clever manipulation of the item to make it look like the button is pressed.

Another way is to convert your multilyne text to .gif image and use iconic button. I'm also sure that there's no direct way to do it. Regards, Dima

Thanks, all. I was afraid of that... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back