Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can dynamic Popup menus have children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyGroom

Programmer
May 23, 2001
GB
I use a popup menu in an application to show recently-accessed records in a database. Since the number of records varies each session my popup menu in design time has only one menu item which is element (0) of an array, and I add as many elements as required each time the menu is triggered.

A requirement has come up meaning that my client would like a '>' next to some of the menu items which would trigger a further popup, in the same way that regular menus and sub-menus work.

My impression is that you can't do that if your root menu is a control array, it can only be done at design time. Is that right, or can the API be used to add submenus?

- Andy

Yes, it can only be done using APIs. See thread713-599701.

Alternatively, you can use some third-party software like SmartMenuXP Control to do the same.

Thanks.

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back