Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can different incoming lines go directly into different voicemail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwadia

Vendor
Oct 23, 2002
US
I have a situation where I need a solution to sending 20 different lines into 20 different mailboxes without an auto attendant answering. Is that possible on the CallPilot 150. Basically a person own twenty companies and wants twenty different mailboxes to take the messages.

An option would be 20 phones, each with 1 line assigned, and each with a mailbox assigned and forwarded to voicemail.

MarvO said it

is it possible to leave one of my lines out of the system so that it is not answered by auto-attendant but goes to a bellsouth email not startalk. or can i have a line that can not access the menu tree but can only go to one mailbox?

Techtash,
Sure, on the line that you don't want answered by AA, just remove it from the TABLE, or set the number of rings high so that bellsouth gets it first.
Login to F983 then select LINES, then the line you want to change.

On the line that you only want to go to a mailbox, remove it from the TABLE as well, but have it ring on a set with a mailbox, and have the set forwarded to v-mail.

MarvO said it

Call Pilot has a new feature - Express Messaging Line - I think it is the last option found when creating a new mailbox.
I haven't used it yet but apparently it will allow you to have a mailbox answer a line.
You must assign the voicemail DN as the Prime set for each line that you want to go directly to a mailbox. The mailbox can be either a subscriber or guest mailbox.

BTW - I guess Nortel was thinking of you when they added this option - doesn't that you feel special [tongue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back