Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can data source be changed from ODBC to OLEDB when using a command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkinnea

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
US
I am using CR 9 on Win2k Professional.

Has anyone been able to use the 'Set Datasource Location' while using a command as the datasource? I'm interested in switching from an ODBC connection to OLEDB.

Thanks,
Kristen

I'm not sure what "while using a command as the datasource" means?

Are you using an application to open the report, or?

You can open reports directly and select Database->Set Location

Please provide some background info.

-k

Hi synapsevampire,

I have written a command (query) to pull data for my report, rather than just adding tables to the report.

I have tried in the past to use the 'Set Datasource Location' to switch to a OLEDB connection from an ODBC connection, but it doesn't appear to work. Instead, I get a message that says 'some tables could not be replaced'. I assumed this was because I'm not using tables directly.

OK, so you're using CR 9 I presume, sorry I don't have it loaded right now so I can't test that.

Are you selecting convert database driver?

That might be all you need, hopefully someone who has CR 9 loaded can confirm, I'm back using CR 8.5 for a few weeks...

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back