Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Crystal 11 and Crystal 8.5 run on same PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meryls

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
US
I have a customer using another business application which uses Crystal 8.5. They have installed my VB application which includes the Crystal 11 run-time dlls and report viewer.

This customer is reporting an error now when trying to run reports in the other application. Could this be a problem with running both versions of Crystal on her PC? Note: I have both Crystal 9 and Crystal 11 running on my development machine with no problems.

Thanks!
Meryl

I have the same situation and the application runs without a problem. Something else must be causing the issue.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

I have both as well. In some cases, I have used the SQL Designer from Crystal 8.5 to create the SQL that I can cut and paste into my Command in Crystal XI, R2

-lw

A Crystal XI report cannot be run in Crystal 8.5 but I am not sure about VB applications but I am thinking it won't because 8.5 was the last version that allowed a Crystal Report to be compiled and distributed with its own runtime dll's.

-lw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back