Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can CP150 AA xfr direct to VM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaphoneguy

Vendor
Oct 24, 2003
US
If Auto Attendant (CP150) is answering 14 lines after 6 rings (as a back-up), can AA be programmed to route directly to the end-users voicemail. Busy professional office where bosses do not want callers to get directly to their phones. If receptionist cannot field call - they want callers to route to the voicemail of the person they are calling. They have 4 lines for branch offices to use with AA at zero rings - but here they want direct access to the bosses. I am thinking multiple trees answering lines with different parameters but not sure if it is feasible. Anyone have suggestions?

The same rules apply to most if not all AA's...only one AA is needed. In the message send callers to the v/m DN, then they will be prompted to enter an ext. number and the call will go to that particular m/b. Feature 985 gives you the v/m ext. number.

thanks for the response. I tried that and when i send it to the vm port, it thinks I am checking voicemail and asks for a password.

If I program each voicemail box to screen calls the bosses can accept or reject - but this is very time consuming and not to their liking. Is there a way to program a feature code 984 (Transfer to VM)under a CCR menu on a per call basis? I see the Park and Page feature but it appears to be in the hard code of the software.

If you mention that callers can leave a message by pressing *extension number, then the caller will go directly to the users mailbox instead of ringing the phone. A CCR path can be programmed to go to a user's mbx, but it is to a specific ext, not on a call by call basis (hard programmed in - ex:lvmsg 2221 will go directly to mbx of 2221). You may want to consider a CCR tree for the bosses, depending how many there are.

I would recommend using different trees for branches vs. outside callers/clients.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

the bosses can have all calls go to voicemail directly by pressing feature 984(fwd to vmail). This will cause every call including internal to go direct to vmail.
OR
You can disable dn in greeting table which will cause external call to go direct to mailboxes.(if your call pilot version supports it)

thanks for the responses. I am scheduled on site tomorrow and will explore these options.

Thanks for the suggestions - the software was not 3.0 / 3.1 and does not allow restrictive dn calling. They opted to use *3 digits and have changed the backdoor number for auto attendant - sending old number to the console queue thus eliminating "old callers" access to them directly. Now they can give out the new numbers for the people that they do want direct access from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back